Monday, November 30, 2015

Kitty's Style Rules:

  As someone with little use for fashion "rules," this cracked me up. It was shared with me earlier today and I just glanced at the title not realizing it was a joke, speculating as to why someone would share THAT with ME before I looked closer. And then...so happy!
 Whenever I used to read one of those "Don'ts" lists I would get little sad. Because usually there's some alleged fashion horror on those lists that perfectly describes something I loved. Every flippin' time. If you're over 30 you can't wear shimmery makeup, if you're over 35 you can't wear liquid eyeliner, never dress head to toe in vintage, blah blah, crap, whatever. Then one day I realized something. If I'm over 25 or 30 or 35 or whatever other arbitrary cut-off age some fashion writer chooses for one of these lists, then I'm pretty squarely in the realm of adulthood, where, last time I checked, I get the privilege of dressing and grooming myself. Furthermore, as long as I'm not indecently exposing myself, offending everyone with in a block with my personal aroma, disobeying whatever dress code might apply to me at the time (such as work or school), or posing a danger to myself and others by sporting a live wasp shirt out-n-about, why does anyone else's opinion really matter.  And that's when I realized I can just ignore it.  
 
List by Molly Manglewood, to the best of my knowledge.

And here's my list...
KITTY'S STYLES RULES:
1.Wear what makes you feel good.
2. Have fun. If it's not making you happy, what's the point?
3. Yeah, that's all actually, I just like odd numbers, so I wanted to put a #3 in the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment