Monday, May 2, 2016

Fake American Chinese Food

Part 1: Chinese Donuts

Because let's just start with dessert since we can.

 

 

This is so easy, you might think I'm making this up. I stumbled this when I saw the proprietor of a local Chinese takeout place at Kroger with a buggy full of canned biscuits. I mean full to the top, with nothing else. Hundreds of little cans of biscuits. So naturally I had to go straight home and Google the crap out of that. And that's how I learned that those little sugared "donuts" on the buffet are literally deep fried biscuits sprinkled with sugar. 

So really, this isn't even a recipe. Just get some canned biscuits, separate them cut each one in half, then deep fry it. Sprinkle with whatever sugary nonsense you want. It's deep fried biscuit dough, you're probably not going to mess it up too bad. That's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment